I recently participated in the "Going Green" Symposium held by the Huntington Chamber of Commerce at the Crest Hollow Country Club in Woodbury, NY. With much attention currently being focused on global warming and it’s future impact on the environment, the Huntington Township Chamber of Commerce hosted this very important Symposium and Business Expo in Cooperation with Senator Carl L. Marcellino.
This timely event, was moderated by Greg Cergol, Long Island Correspondent, WNBC and featured experts in the fields of environmental conservation, science, and business and industry who participated in a panel discussion. The panel included:
· Bruce Germano - VP Retail Sales, Long Island Power Authority
· Sarah Lansdale - Executive Director, Sustainable Long Island
· Patti Wood - Executive Director, Grassroots Environmental Education
· Ron Lanner - Partner, H2M Group
· Daniel Losquadro - Suffolk County Legislator, 6th District
· Frank Mruk - Associate Dean at NYIT
Among the issues discussed were alternative and flex fuel vehicles, energy-efficient lighting, building and architecture, solar and clean energy options and other green products currently available for use at home or at work.